Last updated November 15, 2022
This Policy also describes how we use that information and under what circumstances we disclose the information. For purposes of this Policy, “App” includes all services, features, functionality, and content provided through or in associate with the App.
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE NOTICE CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES. BY USING THE APP AND OUR WEBSITE, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE TERMS OF THIS NOTICE APPLY TO YOUR USE OF THE APP.
The information we collect and how we collect it
When you use the App, we receive and collect certain information.
Information You Submit to Hyype SpaceSM
To use the App, you will need to create an Account with Hyype SpaceSM. When creating your Account, we may collect personal information including, without limitation, your name, your email address, your telephone number and your contacts.
In addition to the information described above, we may also collect: (i) information you provide as part of a challenge (creating, entering or posting regarding a challenge); (ii) information you provide when posting through the App or communicating with other users of the App; (iii) information you provide when you report a problem with the App; (iv) records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; (v) your responses to surveys or promotions we may ask you to voluntarily complete; and (vi) any other information you submit to us or which is included in any of your submissions.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Collection Technologies
Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you use the App. This information may include information such as the following: (i) the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, including the Internet protocol (IP) address of the device you are using and the IP address of your Internet Service Provider; (ii) the type and version of Internet browser software or application you use and your operating system; (iii) the date and time you access the App; (iv) the length of your stay on the App; (v) information about your device, including the device's unique device identifier, mobile network information and device's telephone number; and (vi) demographic information and the languages used by the computer or mobile device. We may also collect general, non-identifying statistical information in connection with the use of the App. With the exception of the IP address, this information is not personal information and cannot be used to individually identify you.
We use this information to monitor the usage of the App, assess performance, ensure technological compatibility with your device, and understand the relative importance of the information provided on the App. We may also use this data to conduct statistical analyses on usage patterns.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies and similar technology such as a web-beacon (collectively, “cookies”), which are strings of information that can be stored on a user's device and is used to recognize you upon return to the App or this webpage. We use this type of technology to help us track how the App is being used and interacted with, provide for preferences and improve service going forward. The cookies may be either session (only during your current session) and persistent (remains with you beyond current session). Visitors of the Website who do not wish to have cookies or similar technologies on their devices may opt out by either setting their privacy settings or choosing not to use the website or App.
Do Not Track Requests and Signals
Do not track requests and signals are settings on some web browsers alerting websites that the visitor does not want to be tracked. Compliance with these requests and signals is optional and many websites do not follow these requests and signals. Along with many other websites, this website does not honor do not track requests or signals.
How we use and share information
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy in connection with the following:
- To process and administer your Account.
- To process, complete or otherwise act upon or respond to your request or reason for submitting that information.This may include sharing information with the sponsor or organizer of a challenge you voluntarily choose to participate in on the App.
- To register and/or verify you in connection with App.
- To communicate with you about your request or reason for submitting the information.
- To provide additional information to you about our App.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. This may include sharing information with the sponsor or organizer of a challenge you voluntarily choose to participate in.
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates and advisors.
- To license or otherwise share User Contributions.
Sale and transfer of information to third parties.
Except where we otherwise obtain your express permission, we share your information with third parties only under the limited circumstances stated below:
- To license User Content, which may be done with or without advanced notice and with or without your consent.
- For advertising within or outside of the App.
- To the sponsor or organizer of a challenge you voluntarily choose to participate in on the App. Some challenges are sponsored or organized by unrelated third-parties.
- Within the App by highlighting, featuring or otherwise publishing or promoting User Content or the other information associated with your Account.
- In response to judicial or other governmental subpoenas, warrants and court orders served on us in accordance with their terms, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- If our respective businesses or assets thereof are sold or offered for sale to another company or person(s), either partially or as a whole if a petition for relief under the United States Bankruptcy Laws is filed by or against any one of us, or if any one of us becomes subject to an order of appointment of a trustee or receiver.
- If you communicate with us, we will share your correspondence, with employees, volunteers, representatives or agents asked to address your correspondence. We may retain a copy of the communication for our records.
- To carry out certain business functions, such as email delivery, marketing, improving or creating products, features or services available through the App, we hire other companies to perform services on our behalf. We may disclose information that we collect about you to these companies to enable them to perform these services, but they are required to safeguard the information and are not authorized to use it for any purpose inconsistent with the purposes or uses described above.
Hyype SpaceSM strives to employ reasonable security procedures to preserve your privacy and to protect User Content and other information from unauthorized access. Hyype SpaceSM will notify you in the event it becomes aware of any unauthorized access to your information. Although Hyype SpaceSM has implemented security measures to protect information and your privacy, Hyype SpaceSM is not responsible or liable in the event an unauthorized user gains access to your Account or information, unless otherwise required by law.
The safety and security of your information and User Content also depends on you. You have chosen a password for access to the App, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential.
Your individual privacy rights
To exercise any individual rights, provided under applicable law, please either (i) send an email firstname.lastname@example.org, (ii) write us at: Hyype Space, LLC, 4172 Admiralty Way, Suite 815, Marina del Rey, CA 90292
Or (iii) contact us by phone at: 1 (310) 494-7500. We may require that you verify your identity, and even provide additional information to help verify your identity, before exercising your individual rights.
Links to third-party websites and applications
Personal information about children
The App are targeted for use only by adults in the United States. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided information to us, in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protect Act , we will delete the child's information from our files to the extent technologically possible. If you believe we have received information about a child under the age of 13, please contact us using the information provided at the end of the Your Individual Privacy Rights. For more information, see the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/privacyinitiatives/childrens.html
What to do about suspected violations of this notice
If at any time you believe that we have not adhered to the policies and principles set forth in this Policy, please notify us using the contact information provided below.
Use of email
Information collected through email may be shared with our customer service group, employees or other third parties that perform services on our behalf. Unless otherwise noted, email and other communication through the App is not a completely secure and confidential means of communication. Nonencrypted communications may be accessed and viewed by others without your knowledge and permission while in transit to us.
Users outside the United States
The data protection and other Laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in other countries. The App is currently intended only for use within the United States and United States territories. By using the App as well as communicating with a Hyype SpaceSM you consent to your information being transferred to our facilities (located within the United States) and to the facilities of those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
Changes to this notice
This Policy was last modified on the date first written above. If we change our Policy, except as noted in the preceding section, we will post those changes within the App and we may notify you by email to the email address specified in your Account. You are responsible for ensuring that we have an up-to-date active email address for you and for periodically visiting this Policy to check for any updates.
Questions, comments and contact information
If you have questions or concerns regarding our Policy, contact us.